Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, October 22, 2015

W9A2 - Be More Bookish Blog Feedback - BMB is a good idea, and even better that it's self-paced.  The blog itself could use a new fresh look (new colors/fonts/background), and just a few things were outdated, but the main idea of those specific assignment was still valid.  I think the whole training could have been a little shorter.  My attention span faded around week 7, which incidentally was just way too long.  Reading articles and following multiple teen blogs for a week and then "write your thoughts" is a very passive assignment.  Week 7 should be a shorter, with a more specific focus.  Maybe since I'm not a big teen book reader... it just seemed to drag on and on.  The most memorable things that I learned from BMB: the many types of less-common genres, earlybird.com - a great source for hot-off-the-presses info for librarians, publishers' websites - tons of useful info, and how to use narrative nonfiction as a crossover from fiction.  Do I feel better about a person approaching me to recommend a book?  I don't really think so, and it would be unwise to think that this blog could change a persons comfort level about readers' advisory.  RA is skill that can only truly be built by experience; by doing it over and over.  That being said, I did learn from BMB, but it's time to close the curtain on this blog and move on to the next big thing:).  Happy reading!  Til we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment