Wikipedia

Search results

Monday, September 28, 2015

W7A4 - Teen Imprints - Indulge me for a moment, but as you probably know by now, my brain makes an immediate decision on whether I'm attracted to a website by how it looks visually.  1.5 seconds max.  So here's my conclusion:  Teens@Random has a "teen" look that seems attractive to all teens, not just readers that lean toward specific genres.  Visually the site looks fun (not "dark"), comprehensive, easy to navigate, and not overloaded with information and "stuff."  I like the feature called "Figment Chat" - a blog that stays open for a week, where you can ask questions of top writers, editors, and publishing professionals.  I could actually hang out on this website, and I'm not really a "teen" person.  That says something:).  A second imprint I checked out was Harper Collins.  Their teen imprint Epic Reads is okay/average.  It doesn't stand out as "ooh, I want to stay on here longer."  It offers all the standard features you see on every page, and that's it, really.  Books, Authors, Giveaways, Social Media, blah, blah, blah.  Visually boring.  Too many sharp lines.  On the other hand, the Harper Collins's "Kids & Teens" page is awesome - great layout, bright and fun, with games, quizzes, printables and the like.  I immediately see different colors, shapes, more rounded corners, and things that make you want to click on them.  So now that you have my visual critique of these imprints (which is NOT what this assignment is about lol), let's get to the bottom line.  My conclusion is this:  If I were a teen, which site would I be more likely to hang out on?  Envelope, please.  Teens@Random! They win because of their Figment Chat page where readers can communicate with the groups that make this all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment